Zephyr Family Camp/Retreat
July 12-14, 2019
(Registration deadline: April 7, 2019)
We are now accepting Reservations and making big plans for WPC' annual Family Camp / Retreat on the shores of Lake Tahoe at the beautifule Zephyr Point Presbyterian Conference Center. This year we are placing emphasis on family: nuclear family, extended family, church family, with even more intergenerational activities. We've made arrangements for an old-fashioned marshmellow roast and sing on Friday evening and more intergenerational games at our silly Olympics on Saturday evening. There will also be a nature-based scavenger hunt that old and young alike can participate in while enjoying the beautiful setting of Zephyr Point.
- We arrive after 3pm on Friday afternoon and have supper in the lovely Tahoe Center dining hall. After dinner we plan a marshmallow roast (with s’mores!) and possibly a few camp songs. Later, there will be time for conversation, board games and jigsaw puzzles in the Morning Star conference room.
- Saturday morning after breakfast, adults will have an interesting program in the Morning Star conference room with Bible study, group discussion, and spiritual exercise. Children will have supervised age-appropriate programs including outdoor games, crafts, and hiking.
- Saturday afternoon is open and everyone is free to swim, kayak (there are generally kayak and paddleboard rentals at the beach), nap, tour, hike, read, enjoy!
- Saturday evening after supper we gather for our silly Olympic games and fun for all ages on the lawn in front of our conference room. We’ll finish with ice cream treats and more games and puzzles.
- Sunday morning after breakfast we hold an informal worship service in the great outdoors. Later we do a little cleanup and head for home rested and renewed.
- We will be staying at the beautiful Tahoe Center at the Zephyr Point Presbyterian Conference Facility on the shores of Lake Tahoe near Zephyr Cove. Comfortable rooms (most overlook the lake) come in a variety of configurations and sizes but all have private bath and are furnished with beds, dresser, nightstand, alarm clock and lamps. Bed linens and towels are provided. There are elevators for the mobility challenged.
- 5 meals from Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast are included in the cost of the weekend and will be served cafeteria style in the Tahoe Center dining hall where we sit together at large round tables.
- Our retreat headquarters for the weekend will be the Morning Star conference room on the 1st floor (facing the lake) of the Tahoe Center. This is our meeting and gathering room. We will have snacks and drinks available, puzzles and board games to play, and a family art project to work on. In front of the Morning Star conference room is a nice big lawn area, with picnic tables, for games and play. Nearby are boulders and a rocky shore to explore, and a children’s play area. The beach and pier are a short walk.
- For more information on Zephyr Point you can visit their website at https://www.zephyrpoint.org
Click on enrollment form to download your copy and to calulate your costs for the weekend. Please note the cancellation policy on the bottom of the form. Scholarships are available by request. Please contact the Deacon Moderator, Marlene Hanson, or your shepherding Deacon for more information. Enrollement forms are also available in the church sanctuary and in the church office, M-F 8:30am to 12:30pm. Payment is due by the end of June.
Jackie Scott is the WPC Retreat Team Chair. Willing to help with snacks, set up, or clean up? Would you consider serving as a greeter to welcome people as they arrive? Or helping with luggage and the shuttle up the parking lot? Or perhaps helping to lead the children's program on Satruday morning? Please talk with Jackie.