Zephyr Family Camp/Retreat
July 10-12, 2020
Sign up now!
We are now accepting Reservations and making big plans for WPC' annual Family Camp / Retreat on the shores of Lake Tahoe at the beautiful Zephyr Point Presbyterian Conference Center. This year’s theme will be more informal than in previous years. Rather than a speaker, we plan to show a film on Mister Rogers (an ordained Presbyterian minister) and discuss his philosophy on raising and supporting children (grandchildren, nieces, nephews, students, etc.) in today’s world.
- We arrive late Friday afternoon, get settles in our rooms and then have supper in the lovely dining hall. After dinner everyone will meet for vespers and song in the Morning Star Room. Afterwards, those who want to will meet at Donaldson Point for a marshmellow roast (with s'mores!) and possibly a few kids camp songs. The Morning Start room will remain available for those who prefer conversation, board games or jigsaw puzzles.
- Saturday morning after breakfast, adults will gather for their program based around the philosophy of Mister Rogers, an ordained Presbyterian minister. Children 4 and up will have special age-appropriate programs including outdoor games and crafts.
- Saturday afternoon is FREE TIME to swim, kayak (there are generally kayak and paddleboard rentals at the beach), nap, tour, hike, read, enjoy!
- Saturday evening after supper we gather for silly Olympic games and fun for all ages on the lawn in front of our conference room. We’ll finish with ice cream treats and more games and puzzles.
- Sunday morning after breakfast we will have a simple outdoor worship service on the lawn, do a little cleanup and head for home rested and renewed.
- Our Family Camp is held at the beautiful Presbyterian Conference Center on the shores of Lake Tahoe near Zephyr Cove. There are 2 modern conference facilities on the propety (we'll be staying at the Tahoe Center) which provide comfertable private rooms with baths to visitors.
- The grounds have rocky hills, giant pine trees, a private beach and swimming area, and incomparable views of the lake.
- All meals from Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast are included and will be served in the Tahoe Center dining hall. We will have the Morning Star Conference Room that overlooks a large, grassy lawn with picnic tables and benches, for our activity room. There will be water and snacks available, puzzles and board games to play, and a family art project to work on.
- For more information on Zephyr Point you can visit their website at https://www.zephyrpoint.org
Please click here to download your copy of the Zephyr 2020 enrollment form and to calculate your costs for the weekend. Please note the cancellation policy on the bottom of the form. Scholarships are available by request. Please contact the Deacon Moderator, Marlene Hanson, or your shepherding Deacon for more information.
Enrollment forms are also available in the church sanctuary and in the church office, M-F 8:30am to 12:30pm. Completed forms must be recieved before April 12, 2020. Payment is due by the end of June. You can mail it to or drop it off at the church office .
Kathy Tucker is the WPC Retreat Team Chair. Willing to help with snacks, set up, or clean up? Would you consider serving as a greeter to welcome people as they arrive? Or helping with luggage and the shuttle up the parking lot? Or perhaps helping to lead the children's program on Saturday morning? Please talk with Kathy.